Friday, June 25, 2010

Here Comes The Sun




A nice tune that is a gentle reminder that there is light after the dark - to everything there is a season...

And it's alright.

Here Comes the Sun by George Harrison

Here comes the sun (du dn du du)
Here comes the sun
And I say
It's alright

Little darling
It's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling
It seems like years since it's been here

Little darling
The smiles returning to the faces
Little darling
It seems like years since it's been here

Little darling
I see the ice is slowly melting
Little darling
It seems like years since it's been clear

Here comes the sun (du dn du du)
Here comes the sun
It's alright
It's alright

Fun Facts and history of the origination of this song...

"Here Comes the Sun" is a song by George Harrison from The Beatles' 1969 album Abbey Road.

Harrison stated in The Beatles Anthology:

"Here Comes the Sun" was written at the time when Apple was getting like school, where we had to go and be businessmen: 'Sign this' and 'sign that'. Anyway, it seems as if winter in England goes on forever, by the time spring comes you really deserve it. So one day I decided I was going to sag off Apple and I went over to Eric Clapton's house. The relief of not having to go see all those dopey accountants was wonderful, and I walked around the garden with one of Eric's acoustic guitars and wrote "Here Comes The Sun" Source: Wikepedia, The online encyclopedia

Q: What do you draw on to remember the sun is on it's way?

13 comments:

Patricia Singleton said...

Susan, I look at where I am today and am so grateful that I have come so far from where and who I used to be. That is when the sun shines through for me. Gratitude always brings more light into my day.

Melissa Lynn Shell said...

What do I draw on to remember the sun is on its way again. Several things...sometimes I call my mom, who is a great support to me, and she will lift me up. Other times, I goof off with my daughter, and create pleasant memories and feelings with her, that get me through until the sun is back. Other times I remember that there is an eternal, bright shining light in me. Often, reminding myself of how things used to be and how I am now works really well to keep me focused on the sun coming back.

Unknown said...

Patricia, I have to agree!

Unknown said...

Wonderful tips in this comment Melissa! Thank you for sharing!!

WG said...

The Nina Simone version is my favourite - thanks for reminding me. One of those voices and one of those songs that always brings hope and peace to a troubled mind. I'm now going to dig through my itunes for a while and get lost in happy memories :)

ellen said...

Nice. I do love this Nina Simone cover.

Kristin said...

A good book, music, my dogs, walking in any weather and coming home to the comfortable home that I created to find my husband waiting for me. Even when I do not see or even feel the light, these things remind me that it is there, somewhere and sure to emerge again.
I ope your move went without a hitch.
xx Kris

Unknown said...

WG - I feel the same way:) Enjoy your time with your itunes...Susan:)

Unknown said...

Ellen! So good to see you! Yes - me too!

Unknown said...

Hi Kristin! What you said hit the nail on the head for me..."coming home to the comfortable home that I "created" ".

Understanding that I could "create" that safe, restful place where I could rejuvenate and recharge in order to maintain that sense of resiliency and "able-ness" to "deal" with whatever life handed me on any given day has been key to feeling "empowered".

Thank you for sharing those words of wisdom!

Unknown said...

Ps...Kristin - thank you! Yes - the move went great and I adore my new space! So ready to create that environment that is my "safe place to fall" at the end of the day!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan -

I play the piano . . . because that connects my brain to my soul.

- Marie (Coming Out of the Trees)

Unknown said...

Marie - thanks for dropping by and sharing how you find the light in your day! And true, true! Connecting with the emotions of the right brain through creativity is an excellent way to find the light...

Have an awesome week!