Monday, January 9, 2012

No One Could Empower Me - But Me


Changing how I viewed myself cleared the way for me to change my life


I found an empowering solution in understanding that no one could "empower" me - but me. 

Learning to recognize my dependence on others to provide me with my answers enabled me to begin to see that the reason I was still "stuck" was because I was constantly seeking from others to tell me what was "wrong" with me and then expecting them to somehow be able to tell me how to "fix" this thing that was "wrong". 

When I shifted from this to understanding that being and feeling empowered was about "learning" - is when I began to feel empowered to create the kind of change that would change my life. 

I learned that learning about myself and how my life experiences had shaped who I was and how I engaged with the world and those in it - was very different than seeking from someone else to define what was "wrong" with me and then expecting them to be able to tell me how to "fix" myself. 

I learned that empowerment came from learning for myself about myself.

Lesson 1: Understanding that nothing was "wrong" with me 

This was a hard shift to make at first. 

This for the simple reason that we live in a world where we are taught to see ourselves as imperfect and needing to be "fixed". And - there are plenty of people who know exactly what we need to do to do that fixing. 

The solution for me then was not in trying to change the world around me but in learning to change how I viewed myself and the world....

through the eyes of learning rather than fixing. 

Know you ARE enough. 

K?

When I began to see life as my "teacher" instead of my "problem" ...
I became the student who was "ready". ~ #zebism


In lavish affection and admiration of your magnificence!

Susan
~

Have you subscribed to the newsletter at the top of this page? (Coming 2012:))

Don't forget to subscribe to read in your inbox too:) 

Thanks for reading - please consider sharing:) 



Seek Knowledge, find Wisdom, live your Truth!


 

No comments: