Wednesday, December 24, 2014

In the Simplest Terms…

August 17, 2014

This journey, in the simplest terms, is about nothing more than learning to be ok when things are not ok. It's not about all the things that have gone wrong in our life and relationships. It's not even about each of the trauma's we have experienced.

It's about learning to recognize emotional overwhelm not as an illness but as the emotional equivalent of having to bench press 300 pounds but we never did the basic training in childhood that allowed us to DEVELOP this inner strength aka emotional resilience to bounce back, so we need to learn how to teach this to ourselves now. 

‪#‎musingtoday‬

You may also enjoy…

In This Moment…the learnings I experienced when I choose to be present in my life

The "Disorder" in PTSd….What I discover about post trauma stress and what the "disorder" really is

Thank you for liking, linking and sharing :) 

If you have found my work to be supportive of your journey - won't you please consider supporting this part of my journey by donating? Thank you. www.gofundme.com/surgeryforsusan

No comments: