Monday, April 30, 2012

The Language Of Life

Weave your words to create the fabric of your life
Along the way I've picked up a few things that made the difference...

The biggest difference was made when I learned to recognize the language of life in contrast to the kind of dialog running in the back of my mind like the subtitle of a silent movie that left me feeling hopeless, helpless and powerless over my life.

One of the first things I learned and one of that last things I "got" ..

Was understanding the difference

Between feeling powerless

and

Being powerless.

Making the connection between my (then) today where I felt powerless

and that this was a normal response

to having actually

been powerless

in my past

was

well

HUGE.

This

I came to understand

was why

in my (then) today

I continued to

feel

powerless...

And this was not at all helped by all the helpful folks who kept reminding me 

just

how

powerless

I

really, really

was.

You know? 

Those groups where the first thing we have to admit to is being

powerless?

Then all the other well intentioned folk

the therapists

counselors

friends

family

who were telling me I was such a control freak and needed to 

let go. 


Telling me that I couldn't control everything, that I needed to accept life as it was...

but...

no one ever told me what I

did

have power over.

So I continued on

trying to do my best

do what I was told

trying to do it

right

only it never was

right enough.

And what I've discovered along the way is ...

that I could unveil

uncover

and activate

my 

power

by checking and challenging

the language I used

every day

all the time

that told me that I was

powerless.


And that while I was powerless over people places and things outside of myself

I held the power to become the creator of my life 

that I would no longer be a victim of life. 

So - thank you therapists, friends, family and those 12 step groups that mean well but 

to tell someone who has never owned their own intrinsic magical and mystical power

that they are

powerless

ya...

well..

not so helpful.

In order to learn to let go of the learned external controlling of people places circumstances and things....

which are the things I am powerless over

I had to discover how to own my own power.


In the end - the change came in choosing to move on to learning how to regulate my life from the inside out by 

changing my language from that of despair 

to that of design.


The language of life is where I learned to make the shift from "tell me what to do to be well so I can live well" to...

"I am well and can learn how to live".


Here's to you, you amazing beam of light and life!

You got the magic in you!

I'm beaming at your brilliance!

Susan:)


PS...

We may have been powerless.

We may feel powerless yet that is very different from actually being powerless.

Learning to speak and listen for the language of life became one of the truths that set me free.

Those who told or tell you that you are powerless....may actually believe that they too are powerless and are here only to be tossed in the storm of life, that its no use to try to "create" our life because we in the end are simply here to live until we die.

And while there are things that are beyond our control?

We are always in control of the story we tell ourselves about those things.

Uh huh:)

Seek Knowledge, find Wisdom, live your Truth!

  Go here www.empoweringsolutionsnow.com to register to get more empowering solutions in your inbox and be on the list to receive my gift to you, my first ebook when it is published: Empowering Solutions: From the Beginning.

No comments: