Saturday, August 8, 2009

Walk on

A few years back I spent some time volunteering with an organization that connected persons with disabilities like cerebral palsy with the healing power of horses. My job was to walk with the horse once my rider had mounted the saddle. When we were situated and the rider settled, I would stand tall beside the horse and give the verbal cue to "walk on".

Since that time I have often used this as a "cue" to remind myself that even though I had no control over what happened to me in the past - I have the power today to choose how it will - or will not - affect me. When it seems the darkest I can picture myself standing tall and taking back my power; refusing to give the past any power over me today.

So today, I choose to stand tall - and walk on.



1 comment:

Jaliya said...

Yum! Walk on! :-)

Susan ... Have you read the book *Broken: A Love Story* by Lisa Jones? I haven't yet -- have it on hold at my library. Can't wait to absorb this one!

Bless xo

Links for more info:

http://alove4horses.com/book-broken-love-story-lisa-jones/

http://lisajoneswrites.com/index.html